Two Become One

Monday, March 7, 2011

Welcome to 4 months

As of yesterday I'm 4 months pregnant and feeling fantastic! My belly is starting to show, although we're still wearing jackets up here so you couldn't tell if you saw me out :)

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop. Source
This weekend was amazing! Saturday my friends took me out maternity shopping in downtown and we hit so many maternity consignment/boutiques I lost count. It was the sweetest thing that they did that for me. I'm one very blessed girl. My coworker actually looked up all the places online, called them to check if they had maternity clothes, then she printed out our itinerary. She planned lunch at a Thai restaurant and did all the driving. Even though I didn't buy anything, the time spent with friends was much more important. Thai didn't work out either but let me tell you those two slices of pizza I had were the icing on the perfect day.

The day before that Justin took me to the mall where I bought the best fitting maternity jeans at Motherhood. They may only last me a few more weeks since they're snug but they still slide down just a tad when I wear them. Maybe a bigger bump will keep them up? I bought a couple tops, but didn't realize they were more than I wanted to spend for such simple tops that I'm going to return them and buy this cute dress I saw instead.

Yesterday was a day to stay in our PJs and veg on the couch, which we did. But first we went out for breakfast to a new place and I ate to my heart's content, and I WAS happy! We also checked out a house but it was too small so the search continues. I'm not worried though because it's all in God's timing. Our perfect little home is out there somewhere.

The rest of this month looks just as fabulous. Justin's racing season begins this Friday night then my father in law races Saturday. We have baby appointments, one of which we may find out the sex (!!), and we're still going to try for a gender reveal party at the end of the month. Now we just need March to warm up!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment