Two Become One

Friday, March 18, 2011

:(

Hubby flew out early this morning for Vegas for work and he won't be back until Monday!! My heart hurts, I miss him so much. He's gone for work and they're actually working and staying in Arizona.

As soon as he left this morning, my heart just sank and I get the blues every now and then when I think that he could be here right now....

Ugh, I need to snap out of it and stay busy until Monday! This will also bring Wednesday's anatomy scan closer.

So without further ado...

Before work in my scrubs
My 17 week 3 day bump. This week I've noticed my belly much more prominently, so I think I "popped." Last night I felt baby kicking. I think I might've felt it last week, but this week it's obvious that's what it is. Whenever I feel it I just laugh, it's such a sweet feeling. It's like baby's saying "Hey mom!" I love it!

My appointment went great this week. Baby's hb was 150bpm and he/she was moving around a lot. I heard a lot of noise from the doppler and my midwife said it was the baby moving. This midwife I met was ok...I have 2 more to meet so hopefully, I meet one I connect with more. I don't know what it was, maybe just that she waited back for me to ask questions and she didn't really say much, lol.

I checked out some new books from the library this week too.
I really like them both but Ina May's is very psychedelic in how it's written. Like going back to the 70s with the language she uses. It has a lot of stories of woman who had their babies natural so it's encouraging in that regard because I think a lot of women believe childbirth is going to be this horrific experience that they're going to dread going through. The stories in this book are calming and they give you a positive outlook  Her book is more than just birth stories though. The breastfeeding one is going to be great. I've only read a few pages, but it's good. So far, it's just talked about the benefits of breastfeeding, which duh everyone knows, so I just pray that I'll be able to do.


I should also mention I'm excessively mildly obsessed with cloth diapers and I finally purchased some this week. I won't get into all that now, because it's so overwhelming. The sites that have helped me the most are:


http://www.theecofriendlyfamily.com/

http://awesomeclothdiapers.blogspot.com/

and the cloth diapering board on the bump.com

All right loves, I'm off to bury my face in a book or more cloth diapering websites ;):):)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment