Two Become One

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Getting my protein

Has been a love/hate relationship. I think society has brainwashed me a little into thinking I need tons of it when it's absolutely not true. However, now that I'm pregnant, it's kinda true. I'm trying to get between 60-80 grams a DAY. I kept a food journal for a few days to keep track of my protein, calcium, and iron. I barely made 60 sometimes less. I started eating eggs again which I'd prefer not to but they really help. The other day someone mention Chobani Greek Yogurt which has 14 grams of protein!

I went out and bought one ($1.39...a little pricey) to try. The ingredient list is simple: pasteurized nonfat milk, evaporated cane juice, vanilla extract, and five active cultures.I don't like eating it without some granola though. It's not that great tasting.
It's much better with Kashi and who doesn't love Kashi?  Once I've added the granola, I'm getting 20 grams of protein!

Guess what we are having tonight? I'm so excited because we get one every year.
Justin buys one from a coworker every year around this time. He bought Cinnamon this time and they also make strawberry. Wait till you see it baked and cut. Dessert is going to be goood tonight!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment