Two Become One

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thank Heaven for little boys!

Curled up

Ta-Da!

My lil man
We went for our anatomy scan yesterday and it felt like our birthdays and Christmas combined. Justin and I were excited all day long and counting down to the minute made me nervous. In my heart I did feel that this was going to be a boy but I didn't want to dwell on any one gender too long so I wouldn't start wanting boy/girl. I saw the goods almost immediately, before the nurse could tell us. He was not shy and the first shot of him was him lounging with his legs crossed at the ankles. Soooo cute!
We were in the room for a good 20 minutes and the nurse let us video with our phone. I'll try to post that later if I can figure out how to edit is since it's pretty long. At one point she switched to 4d view and that was really neat. Baby was moving a lot and waving his arms up and down.

We're basically in a bubble right now. We just keep thinking and talking about him. What's he going to be like? What's he going to look like? I keep thinking what am I going to do with a boy?! LOL...I think daddy has a lot more of the pressure on him since he has to be the role model and raise a little man. I know Justin is going to do the most incredible job and be the best dad a little boy could ever ask for. This pregnancy has been the easiest thing in my life and I had a feeling from the beginning this little guy was going to be just like dad. Very calm and happy :)

We haven't agreed on a name yet. I already picked out my names but he doesn't like them. I would LOVE to name him Jack James Doyle or Jacob James Doyle. James will be the middle name since that's Justin's middle name, but Justin can't stand the name Jack, LOL. Justin is pretty much going to name the baby and he can't think of anything. I guess we won't have a name until baby is probably born.

Obviously we didn't end up doing the gender reveal party, we couldn't wait till the weekend to find out so we spilled the beans to everyone right after. Family is very excited!

I don't think I can stop SMILING. This is surreal and oh so perfect! I can't wait to kiss my little guy!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment