Two Become One

Monday, March 14, 2011

And the garden continues to grow...

We're growing a turnip or some say an onion at 17 weeks!

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.Source

I think I may have felt baby a couple times, but I'm not sure. What I did feel were like little popping sensations sometimes tremors. I can't wait to be positive that I felt baby. I have no clue what baby is doing in there because this baby seems to be very calm and cool. Could this be a sign of his/her personality after birth? If I have a baby more like my husband, then this baby is going to be a piece of cake, LOL.
I'm feeling great although my head cold might be an infection now, because my left cheek and teeth are hurting from the pressure. And when I tell you the mucus I can hold can probably fill a water bottle, I'm not lying. It's disgusting! Thank God for the neti pot. I called in this morning to my obgyn, and I'm getting a zpac, which I will take because unlike the flu I have plenty of experience with sinus infections. Viruses you can't really do anything about, but infections are serious and treatable. This time, it'd be better to take meds then risk the infection getting worse and into the bloodstream. Also, I want to share that Puffs tissue with Vicks are my new best friend.

I bought a couple of dresses online from asos.com last week and I got them in over the weekend.


I tried them on and decided I'm only going to keep the black dress. The other one was too big and fancy. I don't think I'll be dressing up for anything anytime soon :)

Friday night was Justin's first race of the year. He had his brand new trailer too so it was fun to haul his car over to the track together. Unfortunately, he didn't have much help that night so he did EVERYTHING himself. He felt very proud after :) I was freezing my tush off so I hung out inside the truck with the heat until it was his turn to race. He did good and gained some experience. I just ask that next time it's over 40something degrees!

All right, Wednesday is appointment day and I get to meet 1 of the 3 midwives. Best of all I hear our little turnip's HB!!!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment