Two Become One

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Birth Plan

Has been on my mind since I saw The Business of Being Born the other night with the hubby. I have a strong man to sit and watch that movie through with me!



This movie was about the "business" part of having a baby when it comes to giving birth in a hospital whether vaginally or a cesarean. It also discussed midwives and their role in helping during the birth whether at home or a birth center. It was eye opening to say the least and we're grateful to have watched it. I would highly recommend this movie to any of my girlfriends and fathers-to-be. Run to your local library to see if they have it. That's what we did. Just to tell you this movie obviously leans towards using midwives and having a natural birth.

I always believed I would have a natural birth with no painkillers. I felt that if my grandmother could have 10 kids on her own then so the heck can I! I am as stubborn and strong willed as she was. But I never considered a mid-wife. Thankfully our hospital has 3 so I can definitely choose to go that route.

Abuelita


It turns out the maternity floor has jacuzzis as well which I wonder if that means you can do a water birth. We're going to sign up for birth education classes and with those come a tour of the hospital. We're not going to sign up until closer to the due date so I can't say I've seen any part of the maternity floor. My doctor did like it when she had her baby there last summer and she used a mid-wife. I have to have some questions prepared about that for the next appt.

Another thing that I have been wanting to do to try to prepare for the big B is Prenatal Yoga. I'm sure the library has some dvds on this too so hopefully I can start that up soon. Even though I couldn't "plan" this pregnancy the fanatic planner in me is coming out in full force now. I can't get ahead of myself though, I repeat over and over "I'm not in control." LOL I'm a nut  =)



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment