Two Become One

Friday, January 21, 2011

9 1/2 weeks!

We had our first prenatal appointment yesterday with my regular obgyn who just happened to have her first baby last summer. I love her and now all the advice she can give me.

Justin came with me making everything even more exciting. I was so nervous on the way there. I think maybe because it had been two weeks since the first ultrasound and I wasn't sure what to expect. This counted as the first official prenatal visit because we filled out the medical history questionnaire for both of us (are you related besides marriage was one question, yuck!) and our families, they drew my blood, I peed in a cup, and we discussed what every visit from here on out entails.

The ultrasound was my favorite part because it was Justin's first time and of course it made me all the more happier to see that I was still pregnant. I haven't had any morning sickness at all, so I was getting worried. Now I know many women that didn't experience it either so I just count myself lucky. The baby definitely looked bigger and I was right about the due date not being August 25th but the 21st....I've been thinking how cool it is that we've all been born on odd numbers. I love odd numbers, lol. Justin's the 1st and I'm the 29th so if baby Doyle comes August 21st then we'll have our odd lil family :-)

Anyway, I thought I was one week further along, but my doc says the baby measures 9.5 weeks so there you go. We got a grape now or green olive and soon to be a prune, lol.



Another cute thing during the ultrasound was that we saw our little grape jump! We didn't get to hear the heart beat but it was 177bpm.

Seriously though, I know I'm pregnant but it's still so new to me and when I see him/her on the screen it still feels like it's someone else and not me. Hopefully, that's not strange, but everything is still sinking in. I don't think I've had another thought enter my mind besides BABY. I've started to tell some of my client's moms and they're so excited. I finally told work too and they were surprised and happy. Yup, this baby is a big surprise!

I leave you with these beautiful verses: Psalm 139:13-14
For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment