Two Become One

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Welcome Fall!

I can't believe it's that time of the year again! The leaves will start changing and OMGosh the weather too! Yay!! I can remember what I was doing this time last year: wedding planning. It was up to my ears and my Bacheloretter/Bridal Shower was coming up. I think we may have already sent out the invites by this time. I'm soo glad that time is in the past and now we're married and getting to enjoy all these firsts! I'm also happy we chose December for our wedding because we started the new year together.

This past weekend we went apple picking since it's the season and the apple festival was going on too. We had already gone to that last year so this time we visited an orchard for the first time. It was about a 2 hour drive and Justin chose the orchard for us. It was called Sky Top Orchard. It's completely free to go and you can brings dogs! Lucky Luna got to go with us and she LOVED IT! She was jumping and running all over the place and meeting new friends (and people).

At the orchard they give you a basket and we asked for a small one. Then you basically go out and pick away. The rows are labeled by names of apple varieties. We asked where we could find red apples since unfortunately Red Delicious were not in season yet. We weren't given clear directions so we tried our best and we came upon some red ones so we figured these must be it.

We stopped to take pictures and I was a sweating maniac. My hair was down and I wore jeans, not smart. We had a lot of fun and paid just $9 for I don't know how many lbs. So worth it! We also relaxed and drank an apple cider slushie and ate some apple cider donuts.

Can't wait to go again!
40 acres!
only ones wearing jeans!
official basket carrier
first taste
gimme some!
yummies!
Add caption

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment