Two Become One

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Playing catch up

Another perfect weekend is winding down. Justin and I have spent nearly every second of it together and I'm loving it so much because during the week he's been working in the garage on his race car and I hardly see him. So we've made dinner together, slept in late(noon!!), took a walk, watched a movie, and just enjoyed each others company. I loooove my husband!! God gave me such an incredible man!
Here are some pictures that cover the week/weekend:

I was watering my plants when I caught sight of 3 deer about 100 yards away. I only saw this one by the time I got down there to take her picture.
This is what became of my patty pan squash along with other squash and carrots.
so summery and light
Thanks for leaving your pillow daddy!
Now last night we ate Spanish style and by this I mean super late. Justin found a couple recipes from Guy Fieri. We were making hamburgers with their very own ketchup and Szechuan green beans. We set out to 3 different grocery stores to buy what we needed. We didn't intend to stop at 3 it just turned out that way. By the time we started making everything it was 8ish I believe. We started on the homemade ketchup.
Roma tomatoes with several kinds of spices. Smelled so yummy!
The tomatoes had to be boiled and then peeled before cooking! After they simmered for 20 min I pureed them till smooth. Justin started on the meat stuff.

chorizo and bacon
eeek!
the bacon and chorizo

DON'T miss this at all :)

I forgot to take pictures of the beans in action but they were fried for 45 seconds before being tossed in with their very own spicy sauce. I did eat those and they were amazing!

We felt that after everything was done it was too much work. I personally would make the green beans again and in fact loved the spicy sauce so much I would try it on other veggies. I didn't taste the ketchup but I think Justin was happy with his burger. He ended up eating close to 10, LOL.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment