Two Become One

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sun-kissed

We're back from a sweet and beautiful babymoon to Oak Island. It was also my first time seeing a North Carolina beach and I was not disappointed. The weather was just magical. So magical in fact, Justin came back with a BAD sunburn. I just came back looking like a Latina :-) I will definitely want to have a family vacation here someday.

Home we stayed at-LOVED

Luna's response to the ocean water
Happy mommy


Lunchtime
Sunset

She sums it up well

I bought my bathing suit at Target and I'm glad I didn't wear a bikini. Yes I really considered being one of those preggos who bares her belly, but that's just not me. Reviews on the sportbrella: not so great in high winds so we just used it as an umbrella and not the laid back-canopy style you see in pics. It worked great as an umbrella.
Luna's reviews on the beach: Not a fan of the water or sand in her mouth, but she eventually chilled out and sorta seemed to enjoy it.
The house we stayed at was wonderful. Our room had a kitchenette so we were able to make s'mores, coffee, and bagels. The hosts were so nice and were available anytime. They lent us their chairs, mats, and bikes, but we didn't have time to ride them. They even made me a virgin cosmo :)

During our stay I started the 3rd trimester! I had forgotten how far along I was. I thought I was 27 weeks but we're now 28 weeks! Baby D still doesn't have a name even though dad read a book with over 50,000 names. We have a few in the running though. Boy names are tough.

Today I went in for my glucose test and I had to drink a glucola 45min prior to my appointment.


It tastes like an orange soda so I think it tastes fine, it's just afterward I felt gross from all the sweetness. When I got to my appt they took some blood and I did the usual pee in a cup. The nurse actually told me she "wishes her urine was as clear as mine" HAHA! The midwife told me they will call me about the test only if I fail. No news is good news in this case.

Baby's hb was 140 and he was measuring perfect. I start going every two weeks now, however I have some news...

This Saturday Justin and I are going to take a tour of the birth center in South Carolina. It's about 45 minutes away. We'll have a birth center closer to us but unfortunately they don't expect to open until September. So anyway, I'm looking into this birth center (again) because my gut just has an uneasy feeling about birthing at a hospital. I've had talks with our practice about how I want the birth to go and how they can accommodate my wishes, but bottom line is it's a hospital and they have their procedures. I just don't want that for myself or baby.

At the birth center, you will have two midwives attending to you and the setting is very home-like. They have tubs too, should I choose to birth in one. I'm really excited about this! The only deciding factor left will be how our insurance is going to handle this or more so how WE will handle it. The center is considered out-of-network but, we're going to see what happens.

I almost forgot. I wanted to share that I went to my first La Leche League meeting last week. I am so glad I went! There were about 12 women there and some had their babies and I was one of 3 expecting mothers. Every meeting they will cover something different. Next month will be about pumping I think. I plan on going from now on. My main reason for going was to find out about breast pumps, but if everything goes well with the birth and feeding, then I won't really need to buy a pump hopefully at all. Maybe at around 6 months if baby is still breastfeeding, which I hope so. I highly recommend other expecting mommies to go!

Lastly, we turned in our request to move out to our apartment and the date is set for July 30th. I'm still trying to just let go of the stress when I think about where we're going to live. Please pray that we can figure this out and God will tell us where to go. I'm ready to nest!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment