Two Become One

Thursday, June 9, 2011

I had a meltdown last night. If it wasn't for Justin, I would've been literally wailing. Things are stressful right now, or at least they are in my mind. I guess it builds up and there's only one way for me to release it. Unfortunately, the baby knew too, because he went nuts. I can't let that happen again, I felt horrible that I may have stressed him out. We're moving out July 30 and we don't know where we're going and I'm not handling that too well. Everything else is perfect, it's just for some reason I need to know we have a place where we'll be for a even a little while. Maybe I need to nest? I just can't seem to fully relax until I know we have a plan of action.

Ugh, too many emotions right now and I need lots of prayers.


I did want to share about our tour last weekend of the birth center. It's awesome and I want to have baby there. They have 2 huge rooms with king size beds, huge walk in showers, birth tubs, and the rooms basically look like they belong in a house. They're beautiful and comfortable and natural. Oh man I hope our insurance will cooperate and we can transfer to the center. I'm calling tomorrow to find out what our options are. We have an appointment with a midwife there next Wed. and if insurance is a go, then she'll be my one and only midwife. I have an appt that same afternoon at my regular obgyn office, but if everything goes well, I will cancel it and be done with them. Just thinking of having baby at the birth center makes me so excited!

Our Bradley classes are going great. Last night we got to hear another birth story from a mom who also tested positive for Group B Strep (GBS; read more here) and had her baby at my hospital with my favorite midwife. Her story was amazing and it almost would be what I would want if I have to deliver at the hospital.
She did reaffirm however why I don't want a hospital birth. She was induced, monitored, hooked up to an IV the entire time. She got lucky however because she had the best midwife and nurse on call that night. She didn't even tear! I can only hope.
(ps. we discussed hospital procedures last week and this is what we covered. Note, every hospital is different. Hospital Procedures )

We also practiced a relaxation technique with ice cubes and it wasn't so bad. I hope contractions are like holding a cube for 60 seconds, LOL. Seriously though we need to start practicing more relaxation techniques to be better prepared.

As for baby D. he's moving like crazy all the time! My favorite thing to do now is just sit and stare at my stomach. Am I weirdo that I can literally do this for hours? What is possibly entertaining him in there? My love for him is growing to unbelievable proportions. Words can't express what I feel for this little guy, but it's fierce for sure. I love being pregnant! This journey has been such a blessing.

okok enough gushing.

Wanna see my diaper bag?
I got it a few weeks ago for $30 and change! It retails for $98. :-)

Wanna see another sweet pic?
my babydoll


Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

No comments:

Post a Comment