Two Become One

Thursday, May 5, 2011

What I wouldn't do for a....

Sigh
I won't even have a virgin, because what's the point without Jose you know? There's always next year. Oh wait, I want to breastfeed, boooo! Oh the things we must give up for our babies. Someone out there please enjoy a big one for me :-)

Last night hubs and I went to our first Bradley class and met two other couples. Out of the two couples, we're the only ones expecting a boy. It was a great class and I can tell we're going to learn A LOT. We talked about what doulas are, the medical model vs the midwifery model, the decision making team (for birth time), and nutrition.

My assignment starts today and I have to track my food to make sure I'm getting between 80-100g of protein a DAY. Not easy, because a while back I was tracking and I was just above 60 if that. Since then, I've started having more protein heavy foods though, so hopefully I will get a high number. I believe we're going to be tracking from now until we deliver.

We were also asked to take home a book from her collection and I chose this one
It's one I've been wanting to read and we're going to be discussing a lot from this book too.
The class lasted almost 2 1/2 hours. Next week we're going to be doing Yoga and talking about exercise. I wonder if the husbands will have to participate, lol.

I did want to update on our menu for this week. The chicken schnitzels we're not that great. Last night, I made the Chinese style lemon chicken and I thought that was pretty good. Justin liked it too so it might be a keeper. It was a little too time consuming though. Tonight is supposed to be chicken korma, but seeing that it's Thursday (Vampire Diaries night), hubs wants something simple (hot dogs and mac n cheese). I don't know what I'm having yet :-P

Can I just add that in the past 2 weeks baby D has been kicking up a storm. He's my little jumping bean. He's also making me buy some new maternity clothes because one pair of jeans are too uncomfortable to sit indian style in anymore. I made a dash to Target the other day and bought some khakis. Now, I need some more tops, because mind are getting too short. I don't know why, but I don't enjoy spending money on clothes. Maybe because we're trying to be frugal.

All right, gotta go figure out the latest grocery store bargains to pair up with my coupons!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment