Two Become One

Monday, May 9, 2011

Babymoon!




I'm so excited!! Justin surprised me with a trip to Oak Island here in NC. I've never been to any beach in NC and in fact I haven't been to a beach in probably two years. The best thing is we can bring Luna. We're going to stay here. It's a beautiful home with everyone who has stayed giving it a 5/5 stars. The owners will also lend you their bikes to take to the beach.

The only thing I'm hoping besides perfect weather is no crabs on the beach! I freak out about things like that. I have to start looking for a bathing suit! That's a scary thought too actually. I'm looking forward to our last trip alone and together before baby D comes. We'll always look back and remember this special trip.

So I had some thoughts on Mother's Day that I have to confess. First, I honestly wasn't expecting anything, but I did get some cards, phone calls, and well wishes. Justin bought me dinner, a cupcake, flowers. Actually he disappeared Friday before we had to leave for the race and I started to freak out when I hadn't heard from him in over 30 minutes. He left his phone behind and he was only going to get gas...so he said. I even drove around to the nearest gas station imagining the worst, like police everywhere. Then I was going out again when here he comes with my presents! I started crying because I never thought he'd be late to his own race and of course I was so worried that something had happened. It was really amazing and unexpected.
So my thoughts, I don't feel like a mom and hearing that kinda made me feel old. There I said it. The feeling lasted just a few hours because I wasn't going to dwell on it, but I'd much rather celebrate next year when I have my baby boy you know? Next year will be truly significant.

I cannot wait to hold this little boy!! I read he's about 1 1/2lbs now and the size of an eggplant. He starting to get some body fat, grow more hair, and pretty soon he's going to be able to open his eyes. I have felt him kicking more and more and it's the highlight of my day to see my belly jump around. Supposedly, you can hear the hb if you press up against my belly, but Justin didn't hear anything. He did get a kick in the face though, LOL.

I'm still feeling great, sleeping great, and no stretch marks. I do have faint line that actually runs above my belly button to below. I wonder if it's going to get darker? 

Lastly, I made Chicken Korma tonight and I thought it was good, Justin did not. I'm not a fan of chicken thighs which is what this recipe called for, so if I ever make it again, I'd use chicken breasts.

k, gotta go have my bowl of ice cream :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment