Two Become One

Monday, May 2, 2011

Feeling chatty tonight

I started planning weekly menus about a month ago and so far so good. I think one week I didn't plan anything and I had to just be creative. I haven't found it the easiest thing to do because Justin and I (mainly Justin) are picky about certain things and I usually need quick recipes. I also like trying new things so the only dinner that's been consistent is spaghetti.

This week's menu
Monday: Fettuccine with sweet pepper-cayenne sauce. We already had it so I can say yes, it was yummy, but not very filling. In fact I'm going to eat something after this, lol. And Justin thought it was too spicy so next time, less cayenne. Recipe

Tuesday: Chicken Schnitzels

Wednesday: Chinese style lemon chicken with bok choy and rice

Thursday: Chicken Korma with rice

Friday: Subway since we go to the track for the race and right now that's been the easiest thing to do.

Saturday: Chicken pasties. First time I added a Saturday meal. This is more lunch though.

I see lots of chicken which sucks, because I don't want to eat so much of it, but it's really hard to plan a meal that Justin will like without some meat. I refuse to do any other meat though.

I want to try freezing a month's worth of dinners for when the baby comes. I found this site that makes it look really easy but very intimidating. Knowing me, I might just make friends with take-out.

Time to go organize my coupons. Yes, I've dived into the coupon madness and actually I'm getting a lot of help from a local coupon lady who was on TLC's extreme couponers last week. Her blog is on my left column.We've gotten some sweet deals in the last week and some free stuff too :-)


24 weeks
excuse my bummy pants, lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment