Two Become One

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Unbelievable!

I guess adopting a dog is really hard to do. Or maybe when you're just so picky like me. We did't get Jayda because when we got to see her and her siblings, we fell in love with her sister Jillian. We stayed for at least an hour playing with both girls and Justin totally fell for Jilly. I sort of still wanted Jayda, but after we left I decided on Jillian too. Jayda was definitely all puppy, so social and spunky. Jillian was more chill and cuddly. I swear I could take both, but that wouldn't be the responsible thing to do.

Anyway it turns out an older couple in Connecticut wanted only Jillian, but the foster mom said since we were there we had first dibs. I have no idea if she emailed them after we left and said we had pretty much chosen Jayda, because when I called her to tell her we chose Jillian, she was going to see if this couple was willing to give her up. What happened to the whole first dibs thing?

Now this morning, foster mom calls me to tell me that her friend who has another rescue has a Yorkie girl, 10 weeks, 2lbs or something and would I be interested because this other couple won't adopt anyone but Jillian. I said sure I would love to see this puppy.

This must mean that Jillian will not be our puppy and now we're left waiting to hear from this other person about her puppies. I know I prayed that God will let things happen as they should and that we'll find the puppy meant for us. So I keep reminding myself that I'm not in control and He only has what's best for us. We'll get our little girl and she's going to be everything I wanted, I know it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment