Two Become One

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Eating my words

Big Time!

I said crying it out was not for us and well I guess I was dumb because I just did it twice. The first night, Easton cried on and off up to the hour limit. I think I cried harder. When I went to get him though he smiled so big for me. Little stinker. The second night he cried much less and fell asleep on his own after 54 minutes. He slept from 7:30-5:30.

There are a lot of people that have every opinion under the sun about CIO and I'm not going to say you should do it, but rather know your baby. I know my son and his cries. They were not the I'm scared and I need you mommy cries. It was more of I'm mad and I can't believe you're doing this. He's stubborn like me. I don't let Easton shriek and cry forever. He hardly EVER cries and he is the happiest little boy I know. Lately, his sleep has gone down in the dumps again so I felt like I had to do something. His health and well being are more important to me than me suffering a few nights while he soothes himself. Again, he is not wailing.

I don't know if I'll keep this up but hopefully I don't mess things up for him because going backwards now would be worse.

On other happier topics...Easton is in a calendar for the birth center where he was born. He's February's baby!


It was so great to go back to the center because we haven't been there since he was born. It was nice to see it too when I'm not in labor and having contractions, ha! This picture was taken in the room where he was born. So cool!

Here are some more pictures taken that day.







  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pics!! Hope Easton starts sleeping good for you..Beckham still fights it! lol Thanks for the comment on my blog:)...I really enjoy reading yours!

    ReplyDelete