Two Become One

Friday, January 6, 2012

Co-sleeping? Nah, Co-napping? Yes!

I'm in support of co-sleeping if you do it right and safely. We probably co slept a few nights in the beginning, but no one slept comfortably so Easton has for the most part slept in his pack n play and at one month, in his crib. Lately, however, we've been co napping which is the best thing since veggie burgers. In the past he would snuggle up and sleep on top of me but now we sleep side by side sometimes holding hands. :)

We had one great week of napping on schedule but then he didn't want to be swaddled anymore and things sort of fell apart in the nap department. His nights are still awesome and in fact this whole week he's been sleeping until 6am!! And that's with a bedtime of  7 or 8.

So as of last week I nurse him, put him down beside me and get some sleep with my little prince. I highly, highly recommend this too! I love when he wakes up and looks over to see I'm still there and gives me the biggest smile. He'll start to talk to me or "whisper" as I call it. We stay in bed a few more minutes to talk, giggle, and I smother him with kisses.

Right now I'm watching him on the monitor as he sleeps in the big bed. I might just try to sneak in there to get some more sleep myself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment