Two Become One

Thursday, January 19, 2012

5 whole months!



It does not feel that long since my little bear was born but when I look at him he looks so much bigger than a 5 month old. Today he went to the pedi for two shots and he weighs 18lbs 6oz!

Every week Easton discovers a new talent. He's blowing raspberries, grabbing his feet (and trying to pull his socks off), splashing in the tub, sucking on his index finger, and today he tugged on his own hair. I hope that one doesn't progress because his hair has already been falling out. And the two days he's been babbling "ma!!" We practice mama every.single.day so I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I'm thrilled!

One thing he definitely does is cry when new people are talking to him or holding him. Aunt Shauna and Uncle Sean came to meet Easton for the first time last weekend and it took him a little bit to get used to them. I couldn't be in eyesight when Shauna was holding him or he would cry, LOL.

In other baby news, Easton has tried a few different foods and it's so much fun! I couldn't wait till 6 months and  besides he enjoys eating. I started with oatmeal cereal then pears. Oh by the way, prune juice did nothing to help him go and neither did pears :(  He tried avocado and sweet potatoes and LOVED them! I think those are his favorite right now. Yesterday he tried bananas and he liked but they're not his fave.

Sleeping at night is going fantastic! His bedtime is 7 and he will sleep until 6 but he'll wake at 5 sometimes so I just let him stay in his crib until at least 6.  I'm still trying to get him to take his morning nap after 2 hours of waking but he won't have it unless I'm with him. Not sure what's going on with the naps but they're getting better.

I can't believe we haven't had any snow and this has been the mildest winter since I've lived here! I'm not complaining because the weather has felt amazing. All I'm asking for is one snow though so Easton can wear his north face suit that grandma bought him.

This weekend Easton was invited to his first birthday party so that will be fun and next week we start Babygarten. Easton needs some baby friends so I hope we make some. 4 and now 5 months have been so much fun. They're definitely my favorite months!

I'm a big boy!

"so big"

he's squealing here, haha

buddies just hanging out


  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment