Two Become One

Monday, December 19, 2011

4 months baby!

My little man is keeping me on my toes and I can't seem to find the time to blog lately. Whenever he's asleep I like to just relax but I'm trying.

4 month stats are in!

The chunkster is 16 lbs 14 oz, 25 1/2 inches long and we got the go ahead to start solids but she encouraged us to do baby led weaning.  We'll see if I can hold out that long because I would love to see what he does with food.

He also got one vaccine today and didn't cry, what a champ! I also found out what I thought were teeth are actual nodules that will go away and are common in like 80% of babies. So no teeth for now but definitely more drooling and chewing on things. The pedi also wants Easton to do some physical therapy for his little noggin. Apparently, she's not fond of a little flat spot on his head, lol. Poor guy.
Poor me too though because she told me to go off dairy for 3 weeks because his #2 is showing a possible milk intolerance.

And just to share with future baby mamas if your baby doesn't poo for days it's totally normal for breastfed babies, but after 4 months of just pooping once a week and two 10 day poop strikes I had to speak up to the pedi. I'll be giving him some prune juice from now on to help him go.

After Thanksgiving I think I may have screwed up his sleep schedule a little bit when I started putting him down later to see if he would sleep in more. Well, he did sleep in but he also started refusing naps in his crib and any nap longer than 20 minutes. One night he woke up at 4am and wouldn't go back to sleep and that's when I decided something had to change!

I started reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and got to work all last week on fixing what I broke. I'm not letting him cry it out though. That's not for us. I started with just napping beside him in our bed since somehow he could sense when I wasn't there and would always wake up. Then over the weekend I did naps back in his crib and he would wake up once or twice but I just soothed him back to sleep and each time he would sleep a little longer. We're back to just one night feeding and then back to sleep until at least 6am. He naps after only 2 hours of waking sometimes less if he's tired. So far so good! He's still swaddled for night and naps but that's what he wants and that's how he sleeps :)

This weekend is CHRISTmas!! We're going to granddad's for the weekend and we're looking forward to being with family again. This will be Easton's first time away from home since the hospital. I'm sure he'll do just fine. I can't wait to take a million pictures!

Merry Christmas!!!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment