Two Become One

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm free!!

Yesterday was my last work day and I celebrated with a mini DQ nutter butter. YUM! I'm on official mommy-to-be vacation :)

I need it to have me time, but also to get baby D's stuff organized and ready. So far, I organized his mammoth size pile of clothes into drawers by months and also hung some stuff up. His pack n play comes with side storage and a hamper so that's ready with diapers and wipes. He has a soft velour sheet in his bassinet for extra cushioning and the changing station has water proof liners on it. Doesn't it sound lovely? We're doing the best we can with the limited space. Trust me it's small.

Today I had to buy extra storage for his bibs, socks, hats, and blankets. We bought this tiny dresser last week from someone just to have something to put his clothes in for now. The guest bedroom will hopefully be ready in time for my mom next week but for now it's like babies r us threw up in there. I haven't a clue where we're putting some of it.

We had our 2nd shower over the weekend with just family. We felt showered with love (and gifts, lol) by everyone and it felt really good. I must've been standing a lot because towards the end I was having a lot of cramping and back ache. It was nice to come home.

We shared our 3 top names with everyone and one stood out as a favorite. Justin and I however, are still waiting on meeting the little guy until we make a decision. I can't believe it's been this hard. Girl names are so much easier.

Here's the scoop on yesterday's appointment:
no weight gain for me (thank goodness!)I've gained 43 lbs!
heartbeat was 128
I'm measuring at 37 weeks (even though I'm 38) so baby dropped
he may be weighing around 6.5-7 lbs now
he's head down

first night, unfortunately we had to bring that awful couch
Now this little mama is going to kick up her feet and enjoy a nice cup of Jo ;-)



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment