Two Become One

Friday, August 5, 2011

The birth center

My surprise announcement.....We're birthing at the birth center after all!!!!!!!

I'm so so excited that BCBS came through and we can say byebye hospital! I've already had two prenatal visits with my new midwife and she is wonderful. The doctor is pretty cool too. Oh and a non related fact, she's married to a Honduran man, lol. Her two boys looks like they can be my brothers.

Anyway, Justin and I toured the temporary location on Wednesday. It has two rooms each with their own queen/king size bed and a birth pool. I might have a water birth! There are just so many things about the center that make me excited. We're about a quarter of a mile away from the hospital so should we need to go there it's a safe distance.

I'm feeling better since last weekend's move. My cankles and swollen hands are still hanging around, but they're just annoyances now. I'm feeling cramping everyday and sometimes it catches my breathe. Baby boy's head is low, very low. He's measuring right on time and size so I'm relieved no big baby as of now. He loves kicking the doppler away when we listen to his heartbeat which is the cutest thing. Getting in and out of bed is a sport in itself. I'm telling you I never thought the extra weight you carry can make the simplest things difficult.

Hubby is doing an amazing job unpacking and making our condo a home. The poor guy is exhausted every night. He's simply the best. His perfectionism can irk me sometimes though, haha.

I'm ready to get baby's clothes and diapers ready so I'm hoping this coming week I can get a lot of that done. First we have our second baby shower this weekend at his dad's house. It's a two hour drive so fingers crossed that baby doesn't decide to come. My mom doesn't get in town until the 17th and I'm going to need her help for sure.

That's all my randomness for the morning. I'm off to run errands. TGIF!!


Goodbye to our first place

cutie
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment: