Two Become One

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Half baked

My gosh work has kept me way too busy and I've hardly had time to do anything fun. I've had end of the month paperwork and I'm still not done. I'm giving myself the rest of the night off though.

Sunday marked 20 weeks and the half way point. Weeee!

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery). Source

I also read that his taste buds can now taste what I'm eating through the amniotic fluid he's swallowing. I need to get the sweet tooth under control or I'm going to pay for it when he's older. I don't know if it's the pregnancy or Justin's need-to-have-dessert habit, but I crave sweets all the time now. Milkshakes, cupcakes, chocolate, poptarts, you name it, I want it.

Over the weekend I got myself a pedicure to celebrate the halfway point and I had my first "When are you due?" questions by the pedicurist(?). I guess that means I'm showing. Yes, I've been in denial. I'm just not the attention seeking type of girl and I really don't like people staring. So the next few months are going to be interesting to say the least. Especially since I can't cover up in a jacket anymore.

I also think it's time I give up my scrubs. Ugh..I broke down yesterday and wore some maternity pants to work. I got 3 pairs from one of my kids' mothers. God bless her, because I hate spending money on this kinda stuff. I'm also just using 1-2 bras per week! It's pitiful but I need pants, bras, and socks.

okok enough of me complaining.

It's spring time and the weather is starting to warm up. We're expected to have a beautiful sunny weekend. I'm going to a diaper party, I have no idea what this means, but I'll let you know. It's all about cloth and I hope to meet other moms and get their advice.
We're also going to possibly check out a house. Fingers crossed!!

Two more things or pictures I have to share.
From my BFF, so stinkin cute!
gimme some pizza dad!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment