Two Become One

Monday, February 7, 2011

It's truly outrageous!

I was a preggo on a mission Saturday searching for maternity jeans since I didn't like the Beband  from Target. I headed to the mall because when I went to Old Navy the other day I found out they only carry their maternity line online.

I went to Macy's first where I found a couple of nice ones, but only one fit comfortably enough for me to want to buy them. They were $30 or $35 so I wanted to keep looking before I made a decision.

It turns out Gap was the only other place with maternity clothes (at least I think so since I got too tired to keep looking in Dillards) and you won't believe how much Gap charges!! $70!!! They are nuts.


Gap
 
I asked if they ever have sales, rarely is what they told me. I really wished there was a maternity consignment nearby! I decided to give another Target a try. Our Target only had crop jeans and I was looking for full length bootcut. We're still in the 30s up here so I can't do crop pants!

Target had them and I tried on about 7 with no luck. Either they were too tight or too baggy.
Liz Lange
I looked up maternity stores in the area and there was a boutique called Haute Mommas in Cornelius. I called them up and their jeans start at $70 and can go up to $200! They were having a 30% sale that day, but that still wouldn't help out my wallet. I absolutely refuse to spend too much money on maternity clothes, I'd rather spend it on my baby.

I headed back home and thought I'd try Kohl's since they did have a maternity line. You wanna guess how much their jeans are? Most of the ones I saw were $56 or $59. Thankfully, I checked out the clearance rack and lo and behold there was one pair for $22!!! I saved like $36 :):)

Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of myself wearing them yesterday. They are a little baggy, but hubby said I will grow into them, LOL, I didn't want to hear that.

I'm honestly, not dealing with the weight gain all that great. Mainly it's because I have nearly nothing to wear on the weekends. It's frustrating to say the least.

Did I mention my best friend's wedding is in 2 weeks and I haven't tried on my Matron of Honor dress in fear that it won't zip? Tonight I'm making myself do it though!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment